DSA Scotland holds one day and mini conferences promoting cross-regional and cross-disciplinary dialogue between PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and academics with expert knowledge working on development issues.
DSA Scotland's latest conference May 2014 consisted of five parts:
- Presentations by established researchers
- A Presentation about the University of Strathclyde’s International Development Network followed by discussion about the nature of the international development work of Scottish Universities – this session also included a presentation by the DFID Research and Evidence Division followed by questions and discussion
- Presentations by postgraduate research students/supervisors
- Presentations relating to the health status of developing country nationals
- Issues around the governance of DSA Scotland and its activities
Next meeting agenda:
To be confirmed.
|DSA Scotland Mini Conference||University of Strathclyde||May 2014||>Programme
|Violence, Conflict and Socio-Economic Development||University of St Andrews||September 2013||>Report|
|Micro-credit Symposium||University of Strathclyde||January 2013||>Report|
|Development Studies in Africa and South Asia: Cutting across regions and disciplines||University of Edinburgh||September 2012||>Report
|DSA Scotland Mini Conference||University of Dundee||May 2011||>Report|
|DSA Scotland Mini Conference||University of Glasgow||May 2010||N/A
If you're interested in joining this study group simply send your contact details to the convenor below.
Mozammel Huq (Univversity of Strathclyde, UK)
0141 552 4400