DSA annual conferences
The Development Studies Association is the UK's learned society and professional body for academic teaching and research, policy and practice in the field of international development.
The DSA holds a conference each year, at which the development studies community gathers. Follow the links below to learn more.
- 2019: Opening up Development
- 2018: Global inequalities
- 2017: Sustainability interrogated: societies, growth, and social justice
- 2016: Politics in Development
- 2015: Global Development as Relationship: Dependence, Interdependence or Divide?
- 2014: DSA Annual Conference
- 2013: DSA Annual Conference
- 2012: The New Development Cooperation Landscape
- 2011: Rethinking Development in an Age of Scarcity and Uncertainty
- 2010: Development Paths: Values, Ethics and Morality
- 2009: Current Crises and New Opportunities
DSA Conference 2020 and 2021 - call for proposals
The call for proposals is now closed.
The DSA Council (or a sub-committee thereof) is now evaluating the bids and will either select one bid, or request the two best bids to attend the next Council Meeting to present their proposals to Council.
Once Council has selected the successful bids, subject to final negotiations, the selected host institution will implement the conference together with NomadIT and report regularly to Council on progress.
Selection will be made by DSA council and applicants notified in June 2018.