Aims and Objectives
Development Studies Association (DSA) works to connect and promote the development research community in UK and Ireland. We improve links and information exchange between DSA members, represent members in important consultations and bring their work to a wide audience of prospective students, partners and donors.
We aim to:
- promote the advancement of knowledge on international development;
- disseminate information on development research and training;
- encourage interdisclipinary exchange and cooperation.
Membership is open to anybody with an interest in development studies. We have over 1000 members, mainly made up of individuals and institutions from the academic and NGO sectors. Most members are based in UK and Ireland, because this is where our meetings and conferences take place.
DSA is managed by a governing council who meet several times a year.
- a brief History of the DSA here
- our 2013 brochure here
- a DSA poster to display on your noticeboards, here
- the DSA Constitution here
- latest accounts (year-end Jan 2014) here
- latest Presidential report (Sept 2015) here
More information on decisions taken by Council can be found on our Governance Page (members only)
The DSA is a charity registered in England and Wales. Charity Number: 283670 and Scotland, Charity Number: SC044852