DPU-UCL latest news & publications – February
- DPU PhD candidate successfully defends thesis on energy justice in Dhaka’s slums
Congratulations to Mark Jones who has successfully defended his doctoral thesis that global energy justice debates should be broadened beyond the present Northern focus to include specific studies in the global South, where energy injustices can be particularly impactful.
- New book on urban mobility co-edited by DPU’s Dr Daniel Oviedo out now
The book entitled “Urban Mobility and Social Equity in Latin American Cities: Evidence, Concepts and Methods for more Inclusive Cities” is the 12th volume of the Transport and Sustainability series of Emerald Publishing.
- Registration open for UCL Open Day featuring DPU input
We are excited to welcome you to the Graduate Open Series. Registration is now open for a series of events and talks, including three from the DPU. You can find out more and explore our suite of resources online.
- DPU PhD candidate successfully defends thesis on infrastructure as practice in Johannesburg
Congratulations to Kerry Bobbins who successfully defended her thesis that, in practice, general concepts of green infrastructure become what actors can claim ownership of and which uncertainties they can manage at project sites.
- Book launch of the Routledge Handbook of Urban Resilience
28 January 2021, 2:30pm–3:30 pm (GMT) Registration here.
- DPU at UCL Open Day
Full details and registration here
- DPU Working Paper – No. 206 Life and power in a hostile environment: an exploration of civil resistance to immigration policy in the UK
By Jonah Rudlin
- How effective are informal property rights in cities? Reexamining the relationship between informality and housing quality in Dar es Salaam
By Alexandra Panman
- Urban Mobility and Social Equity in Latin America: Evidence, Concepts, Methods: Volume 12
Edited by: Daniel Oviedo, Natalia Villamizar Duarte, Ana Marcela Ardila Pinto
A cultural project encompassing teaching, research, activism, co-creation, community memory, and lived experience conducted within DPU and with partners globally.