DSA Scotland holds one day and mini conferences promoting cross-regional and cross-disciplinary dialogue between PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and academics with expert knowledge working on development issues.
Mozammel Huq (University of Strathclyde)
Michael Tribe (University of Strathclyde)
- The DSA Scotland Study Group held a meeting on 3 July 2023 at the University of Glasgow. The principal theme was “Decolonising Aid” for the first session, with presentations on a wider range of international development issues in a second session, and current doctoral research students will be making presentations in the third session. You can read the full report and a summary of the day. Neoliberal Policies for Economic Development: Critical Review. See the full call here.
- January 2020, Strathclyde University: DSA Scotland meeting. You can see the report from this meeting here and you can access/download the presentations via the SG convenor’s website.
- August 2019, University of the West of Scotland: CAREED Conference. At the end of August CAREED (Centre for African Research on Enterprise and Economic Development) held its Annual Conference at the University of the West of Scotland, where it is based. Read the report. For further details about the conference please go to the UWS website and search for CAREED, or contact Professor John Struthers or Dr Dina Nziku.
- June 2018, University of Glasgow: DSA Scotland meeting: Contemporary approaches to development policy.
- December 2017, University of Strathclyde: DSA Scotland meeting. The main theme for discussions was “Education for all (EFA): The UN Agenda”.