IDD, University of Birmingham: May news
- Nic Cheeseman published a new report on “How (not) to hold elections in South Sudan“, with Luka Biong and Edmund Yakani with the Friedrich-Ebert Stiftung.
- Nic Cheeseman published a new article, “Defending Civic Space: When are Campaigns against Repressive Laws Successful?” in the Journal of Development Studies, with Susan Dodsworth.
- Niheer Dasandi published an article (with Lior Erez) in World Development: “The Flag and the Stick: Aid Suspensions, Human Rights, and the Problem of the Complicit Public” in April 2023.
- Emily Scott published, “The Political Economy of Local Aid: A New Research Agenda” in A Research Agenda for International Political Economy.
In the media
- Bizuneh Yimenu shared his views with BBC Afaan Oromoo regarding the role of the US in solving the conflict in the Oromia region of Ethiopia.
Catch up on past events
- Niheer Dasandi was part of the Natural History Museum’s ‘Generation Hope: Act for the Planet’ week in March 2023, giving a talk on the health dimensions of climate change.