Job and Opportunities
Jobs & Opportunities
This page provides information on jobs currently available of interest to our members. Please contact the organisations directly via the contact information given, rather than address any queries to the DSA.
Further general opportunities are available here.
Knowledge Management Coordinator
Position: Knowledge Management Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Vice-President, Development
Works With: ICMIF members and external organizations
Term of Employment: 12 month contract with opportunity to extend
Qualifications: Knowledge Management, Research or Insurance
Salary: £20K to £24K pa (depending on experience) + bonus
This is an ideal role for a postgraduate of a Development studies/ Research degree programme (Master or PhD) with a focus on insurance/ microinsurance and with experience in qualitative research who is looking to gain knowledge and experience within the Development department of an international insurance trade association.
Initially starting out as a desk-based researcher, you will be expected to handle the following tasks:
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organisation operational processes within and outside the organisation and help disseminate information about the organisation knowledge centre findings to internal and external audiences.
- Build a knowledge centre on global mutual microinsurance: collection of information from existing publications on mutual microinsurance and build a virtual and paper based information library.
- Participate actively in all activities within ICMIF to raise awareness of the impact of mutuals in microinsurance: publish key stats/global data for marketing, empower members to become ambassadors of mutual microinsurance and disseminate data through the website and social media.
- Build a comprehensive database of mutual microinsurance providers and products: establish closer proximity to member organizations and understand key challenges they are facing.
- Undertake detailed study on regulation of mutual insurance in developed and developing countries.
- Produce reports and case studies based on findings from research.
- Identify the potential market offered by the Islamic Insurance Sector.
- Connect with other research institutions and individuals working in this field.
- Create/Manage online content of all the knowledge management via social network and business channels
- Work with the assigned managers and deliver materials as per the given schedule
You will be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong analytical and interpersonal skills who has experience in project management and effective communication. Ability to work independently and as part of a team will be needed. A very good command of English is necessary and preferable to also have fluency in Spanish and French.
There may be opportunities for travel and field-based work.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to Marine Guais
Information pack available from:
The closing date is 30 November 2014