Meet like-minded professionals across 24 specialisms
- workshops and one-day conferences
- email updates
- sessions at our annual conference
- networking meetings
On this page...
- How do I join a study group? How many can I join?
- Do I have to be a DSA member to go to a study group event?
- I'm a research student. Can I claim travel expenses?
- How often do study groups meet up?
- What if there's no group for my specialism?
Just send your contact details to the convenor for the group you're interested in. You can join as many study groups as you like.
Here is the full list of study groups we run.
Study groups have a small budget to fund activities and encourage participation. Students and unwaged people can often claim travel expenses up to a limit. But you'll need to agree this limit first with your SG Convenor. And we expect you to book your fare early to get the best deal.
If your study group convenor agrees to refund your travel, you will need to
- complete a study group expense form - download into Word
- get it signed by your group's convenor
- return it to the DSA Secretariat with your receipts and tickets
Then why not set up your own?
- Visit our Study Group Convenor pages to get the basics
- Any more questions? Email :