Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre, York, December news
Applications are now open for two visiting fellows of the IGDC starting 1 March 2023 and running until August 2023. The fellowships are intended to encourage outstanding early career researchers in global development to advance their career. Find out more.
Dec 13: The final event of the “Reinventing citizenship amidst democratic backsliding” Colloquium jointly convened by the University of York and Jindal Global University will feature colleagues with expertise on recent global developments in Brazil, India and Iran. Register here or catch up with previous events in the series.
News and views
- Climate change, population growth and using nature’s tools for sustainable agriculture
- ‘A little coldness exists’: Attitudes towards Internal Migrants in Romania
- Emergencies, wellbeing and social justice in the Anthropocene
- Gendered repertoires of contention: women’s resistance, authoritarian state formation, and land grabbing in Cambodia
- Agricultural child labour: A persistent global issue seemingly immune to eradication attempts
- Drought and water inequity in Caribbean Small Island Developing States
- India’s democracy in crisis: Towards an electoral ethnocracy
- Guide to good practice for inclusive research in global development
- Divided in Leaving Together: The resettlement of Afghan locally employed staff
- Open Access: Feeling like a citizen: hope amid social exclusion in São Paulo during the Covid-19 pandemics by Dr. Indrajit Roy, Professor Vera Schattan Coelho Pereira and Felipe Szabzon.