ODID, Oxford, December News
Reintroducing the ODID blog! ODID have recently relaunched their departmental blog, as a platform to showcase our work, inform policy, explore collaboration and prompt debate around sustainable and equitable development. Read the latest posts and subscribe.
Young lives under pressure: The well-being and mental health of young people in low- and middle-income countries have been dramatically affected by the crises hitting the world according to new Young Lives research, and they are less confident about their futures for the first time in the 20-year study. Read more.
Unpacking deprivation bundles: The annual update of the global Multidimensional Poverty Index took place with a live online launch event for the report: Global Multidimensional Poverty Index 2022: Unpacking deprivation bundles to reduce multidimensional poverty. Read more.
Supporting Indigenous rights: Professor Laura Rival has given testimony as an expert witness in a case against Ecuador over its treatment of Indigenous people living in ‘voluntary isolation’, in a case that could set significant legal precedent. Read more.
New website documents repression: A newly launched website brings together a rich variety of resources relating to Operation Condor, a transnational campaign of state terror against political activists in Latin America in the 1970s, in an initiative of Departmental Lecturer Francesca Lessa. Read more.
- Open access: Special Issue: Engineering the Middle Classes: State Institutions and the Aspirations of Citizenship, Critique of Anthropology, Maxim Bolt and Jon Schubert (eds) (2022)
- Open access: “Creature of statute”: Legal bureaucracy and the performance of professionalism in Johannesburg Critique of Anthropology, Maxim Bolt (2022)
- Open access: Ethnic segregation in schools: a study of non-decision making, Journal of Education Policy, Jörg Friedrichs (2022)
- Open access: ‘The Belt and Road Initiative and international business policy: A kaleidoscopic perspective’, Journal of International Business Policy, Jiatao Li, Ari Van Assche, Xiaolan Fu, Lee Li & Gongming Qian (2022)
- Modeling the influence of critical factors on the adoption of green energy technologies, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Shihong Zeng, Arifa Tanveer, Xiaolan Fu, Yuxiao Gu and Muhammad Irfan (2022)
- Open access: Rethinking self-reliance and economic inclusion of refugees through a distributive lens: A case study from Uganda, African Affairs, Naohiko Omata (2022)
- Open access: Southern Discomfort: Interrogating the Category of the Global South, Development and Change, Nikita Sud and Diego Sánchez-Ancochea (2022)