IDD, University of Birmingham: Event, Publications & News – September
Fiona Nunan published a paper in African Identities: ‘A gendered analysis of fisherfolk migration on Lake Victoria, East Africa’, 2021..
Niheer Dasandi published an article (with Nicola Chelotti and Slava Jankin Mikhaylov) in International Studies Quarterly: ‘Do Intergovernmental Organizations Have a Socialization effect on Member State Preferences? Evidence from the UN General Debate’, 2021.
Sian Herbert, Zenobia Ismail, Rebecca Gordon, Pearl Boteng, and Will Avis produced a GSDRC literature review, looking at evidence on effective interventions in relation to British Council programming areas and UK government priorities. It particularly looked at teachers’ and school leaders’ knowledge and skills gaps.
Sanne Weber published a book (in Spanish) about the experiences of female ex-combatants before, during and after the internal armed conflict in Guatemala.
Sanne Weber published the chapter entitled ‘Gender and Transitional Justice’ in the recently published text book Transitional Justice: Theories, Mechanisms and Debates.
Development Leadership Programme (DLP) News
- Danielle Beswick published blog for BISA on Getting your research into Parliament.
- Nic Cheeseman talks about the dynamics of democracy in African politics in Irish Times.
- Nic Cheeseman wrote a blog on ‘How NOT to rig an election: Zambia’s dodgy opinion poll’.
- Nic Cheeseman was featured on the Sky News Podcast about the life and legacy of Zambia’s founding father Kenneth Kaunda.
- Elena Denezhkina and A. Campbell presented a paper on ‘Digital Taylorism and the Russian State’, presented at the 10th World Congress of the International Council for Central and Eastern European Studies (ICCEES), Montreal 5-8 August, 2021.